Herramientas Agrícolas S.A., SA, HERRAGRO is a corporation, incorporated on July 15, 1960, with an authorized capital of $ 4,000,000, of which 35% were English capital and the remaining 65% to investors of Manizales.
Its essence is the manufacture and marketing of forged and hand tools forged for farming, gardening, mining, manufacturing and construction.
Later the company was growing and increasing its production lines, the first of it after the hoes, shovels in its various references and so on through the years were entering other lines, up to produce the full range of tools hot-forged steel or plastic deformation by rolling stamped as hot or cold, which include axes, pickaxes, sledge hammers, wheelbarrows,shears, Barreton, knives, sticks and machetes.
Its shareholders as a whole are Manizales, has about 127 employees and 83 employees Herragro cooperatives. The product distribution is done by vendors, which serve eleven areas in which this divided the country, seeking a more personalized service and sales and sustainable over time. Herragro also comes with their products to markets in countries such as Ecuador, Peru, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, United States, Dominican Republic, Mexico, the Caribbean, among others, and has direct offices in Venezuela.
The company was founded and directed since 1960-1967 by Dr. Gustavo Uribe Duque, then the management until the year 1980 Dr. Mario Arango Arango, from this year to May 2004 Industrial Engineer Aurelio Botero Isaza and the Business Administrator now Andres Echeverri Jaramillo.